Joheh-Goh Summer Youth Day Camp
Monday, June 26, to Friday, Aug. 11, 2023
Ages 4 to 12
This program offers a full day of camping. Join us outdoors for fun activities at our 180-acre lakefront site nestled on the beautiful Lake Chautauqua. Breakfast and lunch are included daily; early drop-off and late pick-up are available. Junior leaders aged 13-15 may apply to assist the program at no cost.
Why the name "Joheh-goh"?
YMCA Camp Onyahsa's Day Camp "Joheh-goh respectfully approximates an indigenous term for the "three sisters": Corn, Beans, and Squash. These were the three main crops of American Indian peoples in this region before 1800. Our Day Camps will likewise grow in cooperation with each other.
Drop off and Pick Up
Based on that week's enrollment numbers and age demographics, you will receive specific program and drop-off/pick-up site information on the Friday before arrival.
- Drop-off: Begins at 8:30 am. Prior approval is required if an earlier drop-off time is needed.
- Early Drop-off Fee: $25 weekly fee per camper
- Pick-up: is from 5:15 to 5:30 pm. Campers must be picked up before 5:30 pm.
Please respect the educational nature of the Day Camp program. Early departures are highly disruptive to the curriculum, necessitating the removal of staff from the other campers and the activities. If you need to pick up your child before 5 pm, please refrain from attending that day.
Activities will be developmentally appropriate and may include; boating in kayaks/canoes, supervised lake swimming/beach time, crafts, nature walks, challenge course and playground adventure, recreational games, songs, and other traditional camp activities.
Breakfast and lunch will be provided daily. If your child has special dietary needs, please pack meals daily. Please notify the Camp Staff and explain on the Health History Form if your child has food allergies or dietary concerns.
What to Pack for Day Camp Joheh-goh
Please mark all items with your child's name
- Water shoes (to protect feet from lake shells)
- Athletic shoes (no flip-flops)
- Water bottle (non-disposable and BPA-free)
- Backpack/bag (to keep items together)
- Appropriate clothing (please check the weather daily)
- Swimsuit and towel
- SPF 45+ Sunscreen and hat
Items Not to Pack for Day Camp Joheh-goh
- Anything that will detract from the Camp experience
- Bedding of any kind (clean sheets will be provided during rest time)
- Cloth items that could carry parasites, including bedbugs (items are prohibited)
Day Camp Joheh-goh Pricing
- Tier 1: $340 (True weekly cost of quality camping)
- Tier 2: $295 (Subsidized tuition provided by local donors for campers enrolled in Chautauqua County schools who need a subsided rate)
- Tier 3: $215 (Subsidized tuition provided by local donors for campers who live (permanent residence) in Chautauqua County who need a reduced rate)