Rates & Financial Aid
2023 Camp Rates
These rates reflect the cost of providing high-quality residential camp experiences and approximately half the tuition of YMCA camps nationally. Tiers 2 and 3 are subsidized by fundraising and are only available to local residents (from where most donations to subsidize the sessions emanate).
Tuition and Fees
|Camp or Program Name||Tier 1*||Tier 2**||Tier 3***|
|Traditional & Teen Camp||$660||$555||$450|
|Yowidica Camp (For youth who have manageable Type I Diabetes)||$660||$555||$0|
- Tier 1: True weekly cost of quality camping.
- Tier 2: Tuition subsidized by local donors for campers enrolled in schools in Chautauqua County who need a subsided rate.
- Tier 3: Tuition subsidized by local donors for families that have permanent residence in Chautauqua County and have experienced a layoff or furlough during Covid.
- *Onyahsa Association is an annual fee per participant, which is waived for YMCA members.
- **Weekend Fee is optional and only available for campers staying consecutive weeks.
- ***For one camper's round-trip transportation to/from the Buffalo-Niagara International Airport; only available through pre-scheduling for a Sunday arrival and/or Saturday departure.
Financial Aid and Discounts
Through the generosity of our local supporters, a limited number of full and partial camp scholarships are available to qualified applicants from Chautauqua County. Applicants should meet USDA guidelines for free/reduced-cost school meal programs, and complete a Financial Aid Form.
Please complete the scholarship application below and return it to the Camp Office. Fully completed applications can be mailed to YMCA Camp Onyahsa, 101 East Fourth St., Jamestown, NY 14701, dropped off at the Jamestown YMCA, or emailed. Scholarships are based on space and financial capacity; Camp financial aid is not guaranteed. Information regarding the scholarship award decision will be sent via email--please ensure you have legibly listed a valid email address.
The Onyasha Promise
Thanks to benefactors, the Camp’s annual Dinner Dance fundraiser, and local foundations, resident tuition may be reduced for local youth who need a subsidized rate through the Tier 2 and 3 tuition levels described above.
Spiro G. Bello Scholarship Fund
Created by Camp alumni to honor the Onyahsa Director (1962-1984), for local teens who display leadership qualities. Please inquire about an application.
Recruit a new full-paying resident camper and receive official Onyahsa merchandise and recognition at your session’s final assembly (day camp) or dinner (resident camp).
Multiple Session Discount / Sibling Discount Program
Take $100 off each resident session after the first session purchased by the same household at its full price, and $50 discount for each mini/day camp session similarly purchased.
Start of Summer (SoS) Incentive
Take $100 off each session during Weeks A and B.
Monthly Payment Program
Regular automated checking account deductions are available.